How to pray my prayer. Go Here
5 Ways to be Successful in Adoration
1. Be Patient
3. Pray the Rosary
4. Listen to Praise and Worship Music
5. Be Okey with Silence
Extended Silent Prayer
A reading from the holy Gospel according to John 6:35-40
Jesus said to the crowds:
"I am the bread of life;
whoever comes to me will never hunger,
and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
But I told you that although you have seen me,
you do not believe.
Everything that the Father gives me will come to me,
and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will
but the will of the one who sent me.
And this is the will of the one who sent me,
that I should not lose anything of what he gave me,
but that I should raise it on the last day.
For this is the will of my Father,
that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him
may have eternal life,
and I shall raise him on the last day."
The Gospel of the Lord.
St. Pope Pius X - Devotion to the Eucharist is the noblest of devotions, because it has God as its object. It is the most profitable for salvation, because it gives us the Author of Grace. It is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself.
A Beginner’s Guide to Adoration.
- Slowly read Sacred Scripture until something hits you. Then listen.
- Say the Holy Rosary.
- If you can’t say 15 decades, say five decades.
- If you can’t say five decades, say one decade (something Pope Benedict XVI has mentioned).
- If you can’t say one decade, say one Hail Mary very slowly.
- If you can’t say one Hail Mary, say “Holy Mary”.
- Pray as you can, not as you can’t.
- Look at the Good God, and let Him look at you.
- Consider that the Sacred Body of Jesus came from Holy Mary. Thank her.
- Tell Jesus something that made you happy. Then listen.
- Tell Him what you are afraid of. Then listen.
- Tell Him what angers you. Then listen.
- Speak about your loved ones.
- Pray for an enemy.
- Talk with Him about work.
- Pray to St. Joseph for a happy death.
- Pray for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
- Sing a song for Him in your heart.
- Promise to trust Him.
- See the Blessed Virgin kneeling next to you, adoring her Son and praying with you.
- Realize that your Holy Guardian Angel is with you. Ask him to coach you in holiness.
- Renew your loyalty to His Church.
- Ask your patron saint to pray for you to know and do God’s Will.
- Lean on Him.
- Tell Him you love Him.
- Thank Him for the Sacraments.
- For a time, don’t DO anything. Be with Him, as a friend, while He works.
- Ask Him if that is perhaps what he wants you to “do” more often.
- Tell Him your failures. Ask for help. Then listen.
- Slowly recite the Beatitudes.
- Say one Our Father slowly.
- Say the Creed slowly.
- Slowly recite a favorite psalm. Perhaps Psalm 50 (51), the Miserere, one or two lines at a time.
- Pray for a great love of the Cross.
- Lean into the hurricane of graces coming from the monstrance.
- Consider the blinding Uncreated Light shining out from Him.
- Be aware that He is sending out graces to the world right then through you.
- Pray the ‘Jesus Prayer’: Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
- Pray Jesus, mercy... and listen. Pray Mercy, Jesus... and listen.
- Tell Him: Jesus, I trust in You...strengthen my trust.
- Ask Him: Lord, what do you what me to do? And how do you want me to do it?
- Ask Him to show you the next step.
- Talk to Him heart to Heart.
- Pray for the Holy Father.
- Pray for vocations.
- Look at yourself. Count your gifts. Then thank Him.
- Pray for the world.
- Enjoy just being in His Presence.